Borden-Henryville School Corporation mission is to provide engaging opportunities that prepare students to meet tomorrow's challenges.
- The vision of Borden-Henryville School Corporation is to be a premier school corporation in the state of Indiana where parents want to send their children.
- BHSC is committed to providing highly effective instruction and developing responsible citizenship within a safe, nurturing environment that emphasizes student growth academically, socially, physically, and mentally.
- BHSC encourages ongoing community participation involving all stakeholders in these shared responsibilities for developing students’ Knowledge, Attitudes, Skills, and Habits (KASH) for their college and/or career readiness.
- Premier school corporation in Indiana
- Parents choose to send their children to BHSC
- Provide highly effective instruction
- Develop responsible citizenship
- Safe environment
- Nurturing environment
- Emphasis on student growth Academically, Socially, Physically and Mentally
- Ongoing community participation involving all stakeholders
- Stakeholders sharing responsibility in student development in Knowledge, Attitudes, Skills and Habits
Borden-Henryville School Corporation Values
- accessibility of data for student evaluation, communication, quality instructional decisions, and goal attainment.
- a holistic, positive, safe, caring, learning environment.
- hiring and retaining highly qualified personnel and, where applicable, are properly certified and are effective in their subject matter and academic discipline.
- on-going curriculum development that is vertically aligned.
- political and business relationships that cultivate support for educational programs.
- facilities that are well maintained, safe, secure, and that meet the needs of the student population.
- the use of technology as a tool for enhancing learning, career readiness, communication, and organizational administration.
Improved instruction at each grade level
- ACTION STEPS:
- Emphasis on hiring and retaining highly qualified personnel
- Implementation of a district-wide school improvement process
- 1:1 Planning Grant: Technology for enhancing learning
- Rigor, relevance, and relationships that develop habits of citizenship and service
Determine immediate and long-range facility needs to meet the ongoing needs of students
- ACTION STEPS:
- Develop on-going initiatives with a focus on school safety
- Implement data-driven decision making corporation wide
- Identify and implement a common K-12 curriculum throughout the corporation.
Develop and implement a program to increase community involvement in student and district development and to increase governance transparency.
- ACTION STEPS:
- Conduct Regular community communication through development of PR plan
Develop a financial plan that maintains fiscal responsibility, ensures financial stability, while focusing on both short term and long term objectives.
- ACTION STEPS
- Shift expenditures from building operational costs to instructional costs
Continued fiscal responsibility
BELIEF AND/OR VALUE STATEMENTS
Borden-Henryville School Corporation Believes:
- all students can learn and continuous student growth is expected.
- identifying clear grade-level expectations helps students meet expectations.
- rigorous instruction and curriculum, along with activities that are developmentally appropriate, create opportunities for high levels of student success.
- knowledge without values is not representative of an adequate education; rather, curriculum encourages confidence, honesty, ambition, integrity, service, innovation, patriotism, vision, and a desire to prosper, so that the knowledge imparted can be properly utilized.
- employee effectiveness is linked to ongoing professional/staff development.
- transparency in governance and regular community communications are vital to the future of the school corporation.
- in providing continuity and sustainability of public education funding while exercising fiscal responsibility to meet short and long term educational goals.
- an understanding of and respect for human diversity is essential for a well-rounded education.
- extracurricular activities that enhance the development of the individual socially and academically increase connectedness to the school and decrease absenteeism.